Here at ESC Mattress Center in Everett we know a good night's sleep is essential to healthy living, and the right mattress is vital. One of the biggest mistakes people make, however, is not taking time to "test drive" the mattress in-store before buying it -- also why mattress shopping online simply doesn't work.
So, how do you find the right mattress for you? Here are five tips from your friends at ESC Mattress Center.
1. Choose local if you're looking for the best value. Look for knowledgeable, non-commissioned salespeople who will ask the questions that will guide you to the right mattress. ESC Mattress Center, for example, is owned and operated by three award-winning mattress professionals who left the largest mattress retailer in the U.S.A. to open their own sleep store. Large retail chains have massive overhead like Corporate Bonuses that force them to mark up products, or sell inferior products (like brands you haven't heard of), to turn a profit. Being a small local store that's part of a larger buying group we get you the lowest prices and the most caring and knowledgeable staff, guaranteed.
2. Consider your needs. We have more than 25 years of combined industry experience that we're happy to share with our customers. We focus on finding the correct sleep system for your specific needs, without wasting time lying on beds that will not work for you. For example, people with back issues often assume they need a firm mattress, but that's not necessarily so. Support and comfort are two different aspects of the mattress. Support comes from the lower half of the mattress and can be coil, foam or air. Some of the softest feeling beds in the store can also have some of the best support in the industry.
3. Choose long-lasting quality. Quality brands like Tempur-PEDIC, Stearns & Foster, and Sealy make a difference by using higher quality components, better customer service, and more robust warranties. Tempur-PEDIC, for example, is the number one recommended bed in America, having won prestigious awards in customer satisfaction. Because we're not focused on commission at ESC Mattress, we can make sure we're guiding you to the correct mattress for your unique needs and since all we sell or top-ranked brands you can rest easily knowing that you're getting quality.
4. Consider different options. To achieve exceptional comfort and wellness, you might try an adjustable base, which can help with issues such as sleep-apnea, snoring, acid-reflux, circulation, and provide longer periods of R.E.M. sleep. Adjustable bases redistribute your weight to take pressure off your shoulders and hips while side sleeping, and let a lot of people transition to back sleeping when they otherwise couldn't. Hospitals have you sleep elevated for a reason, having your head and feet elevated is the healthiest way to lay in one position for extended periods of time.
5. The right pillow matters. Your bed isn't the only factor in a good night's sleep. Around 18 percent of your spinal support while sleeping can be attributed to your pillow. A bad pillow can make a great bed less great. We recommend getting fitted for a pillow to keep with you when comparing mattresses.